Place your bets, it’s time for roulette
Meaning “little wheel” in French, the roulette wheel was originally invented to work as a device of perpetual motion. Of course, that’s not possible, so it evolved ,rather, into a device of perpetual entertainment. We owe a big thanks to the 17th Century French monastery, which turned that whoopsie into a win, and allowed roulette to now reside among the most beloved of online table games.
What to do at the roulette wheel
Online roulette may look kind of complicated but just about anyone can master it. Try spinning the wheel with the Play for Fun function a few times and play different casino games to become familiar with how it works.
How to play:
- Place a bet by clicking on one of the bet areas on the table (they’ll light up).
- Click on the betting area repeatedly to increase your bet.
- Hold down shift and click the chip pile if you’d like to decrease the bet.
- Note what your chip value is – you can raise the increments of chips that you lay down if you wish to do so.
How can I rock at roulette?
Get to know your betting types and you’ll figure out quite quickly where the greater odds lie. It will also help to have a whopping $1,000 free + 50 Free Spins welcome bonus as a new player to get the wheel spinning.
Yuo can make inside bets or outside bets (and no, this does not refer to whether the roulette wheel is indoors or outdoors).
Here are the types of outside bets (including groupings of numbers, the type of number or the colour):
- 1 to 18 – bet on the group of numbers
- 19 to 36 – bet on the group of numbers
- Red or black – bet on what colour the number is
- Even or odd – bet on whether the ball lands on an even or odd number
- Dozen bets – bet on numbers depending on their groupings per dozen: the first 12 is 1 – 12; the second 12 is 13 – 24 and the third 12 is 25 – 36
- Column bets – betting on the groups of numbers contained in the columns of the number grid
There are a whole lot of different ways to place inside bets.
Here are some examples:
- Straight (also known as Single) – placed on one specific number
- Split – bet put on the line between two adjacent numbers
- Corner (also known as Square) – bet put on four numbers by placing the chip where the horizontal and vertical lines meet to make a square on the number grid, for example, 23, 24, 26 and 27
- Trio – bet put on the line joining the numbers 0, 1 and 2, or 0, 2 and 3 (in which there is a single zero)
Tell me a funny story about roulette, Platinum Play
Sure, why not? A man named Ashley Revell decided one day to sell everything he owned and put every last dime on a single 50/50 bet on a roulette wheel. And by everything, we mean everything. He even sold his name.
He managed to raise roughly $190,300 and put it all on red during a live televised event at a casino in Las Vegas. He won the spin and doubled his money just like that.
Ashley Revell’s story went on to inspire Simon Cowell to produce the most expensive show in TV history, a gameshow called Red or Black?