Bring on the baccarat
If you’re keen on slinking into the lifestyle of international espionage, online baccarat is probably the thing for you. Too over the top? Well, the fact that James Bond himself has been seen at the baccarat table in five of his movies, should give you pause for thought. The greatest part about your baccarat experience at Platinum Play is that you can completely avoid those pesky supervillains simply by playing online on your Desktop or Mobile device, while still getting those world-class gambling thrills.
So, what’s the big deal?
Baccarat is one of of the table games that requires minimal skill and is easy to learn, once you’ve grasped the rules. You simply choose your chip value and place your stake on the table with the underlying supposition that one of these three outcomes will happen:
- The Banker's hand has the highest value.
- The Player’s hand has the highest value.
- The Banker's and the Player’s hands tie with each other.
The dealer will announce the winning hand and you’ll be paid out according to who you bet on.
How does a hand win?
Baccarat is played with a single deck of 52 cards (or, if you play Baccarat Gold, 8 decks) which are shuffled before each game. and the Player’s first card is always dealt first. Certain cards mean “baccarat,” or have a value of zero, including tens, jacks, queens and kings. Aces have a value of 1, while the numbered cards use their face value. You need to add these cards up to determine the value of the hand.
A Naturalhand is when neither the Player nor the Banker has drawn cards that add up to 8 or 9 in their first two cards, the result of which means the "Player’s rule” and then the “Banker’s” rule will be consulted:
- Player’s rule – if the Player has an initial total of 6 or 7, then the hand will stand – in other words, not draw another card. If the total is below 5, then a third card will be drawn.
- “Banker’s” rule – if the Player stood, then the “banker” will then follow suit according to the exact same rules, however, if the Player drew a third card, then the rules below would need to be consulted.
If the Player drew a third card, here’s an easy way to note how the “banker” must play, depending on the total value of the “banker’s” hand:
- 2 or less: draw a card, regardless of what the Player’s third card was
- 3: draw a third card unless the Player’s third card was an 8
- 4: draw a third card if the Player’s third card was 2 - 7
- 5: draw a third card if the Player’s third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7
- 6: draw a third card if the Player’s third card was a 6 or 7
- 7: the “banker” will stand
For new players, grab your $/1,000 free and try your hand at our game plainly titled Baccarat if you’ve never played it before – this particular game will offer you the simplest version of the classic table game
From baccarat to hero
Dating back to the 1400's, baccarat made its way from Italy to France and then further spread throughout the world. It made its way very slowly, eventually gaining popularity after passing from South America to the United States… 500 years later. Baccarat is the Italian word for “zero”, because so many of the cards are worth zero in the game: tens, jacks, queens and kings.